(That other person is Andrea and she is cool.)
POST BY GRETCHEN
So the last three weeks have been job applications, interviews, rushed packing, and less fun than expected.
Good thing that’s over.
Now I leave today for North Carolina, and Paige leaves in the next few weeks for SomewhereWhereGretchenIsLand.
And we’ve got pals in Virginia (non-preceded and West), Jersey, Ohio, and more that we get to visit within the next few weeks! (Please note: if you live in one of those states and have yet to be informed about our arrival, this is it. This is the information. Consider yourself informed from here on.)
Right now we live in a terrible world of allergy-ridden homes, flat pop (the drink, not the music), and quite frankly deary weather, but all that’s about to change.
Other updates, hm… well.
Here’s the new t-shirt design.
I made about ten of them, and I think I’m going to use free slave labor at my family reunion this week to make more.
Anyway, back to trip details. We’re going to use every trick in the book to save money this summer, starting from the very beginning: camping and couchsurfing. However, here are some fun tips that I’ve picked up in the last few days (while packing for the next 6-7 weeks).
- Roll your clothes. It’s fun, and it makes your bag look like it belongs to a sociopath (which it does).
- Pack Advil, because you’ll get sick while you’re packing and you’rE WHOLE WEEK WILL BE RUINED.
- Let random trips happen, like ones to Indianapolis and Chicago, because sure, why not, time doesn’t matter.
- Steal hotel shampoos and conditioners, even if you aren’t staying there.
- Never read John Green’s “The Fault in Our Stars” unless you want to cry forever.
That’s it for now. We’re coming to your neighborhoods.